Christmas Giving Tree – Weekdays, from 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
- Coosa Pines Federal Credit Union (every location) is accepting gifts and donations for area children in the foster care program – 45 new names were just turned in! There are tags with a name and a gift wish on each Christmas Giving Tree. You may select a tag from the tree, purchase the item and place the unwrapped gift back under the tree with the tag on it. Coosa Pines FCU will match both toy and cash donations. Visit any branch, check out their Facebook page, or call 800-237-9789.
Reason for the Season – Sat., Dec. 14, 2019 at 6:00 p.m.
- Grace Baptist Church in Childersburg will host “Reason for the Season” on Saturday, Dec. 14, at 6:00 p.m. Admission is a canned or boxed food item. Refreshments will be served after the singing.
Christmas Market Open House – Sat., Dec. 14, 2019, from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- The Comer Museum & Arts Center will have their biggest market day and Open House on Dec. 14 from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Local artists and crafters have gone all out creating fabulous handmade items you can’t find elsewhere. You are sure to find something unique for yourself and everyone on your Christmas list.
Open Mic. Night – Tues., Dec. 17, 2019, at 6:00 p.m.
- Kymulga Grist Mill Park has Open Mic. Night every Tuesday evening. The cost is $3 to park your car and all proceeds benefit the park. Everyone is invited.
Care House Christmas Concert – Thurs., Dec. 19, 2019, at 6:30 p.m.
- The Annual Care House Christmas Concert will be held at First Presbyterian Church on Dec. 19 at 6:30 p.m. Audiences will enjoy performances by the Cameratas, Spring Street Four, and special guests Chris and Virginia Phillips. Admission is $5 or 3 non-perishable items.
Benefit Gift Wrapping – Through Dec. 20, 2019, weekdays from 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Let Santa’s elves at Renasant Bank in Childersburg wrap all your Christmas gifts this year! Drop them off or relax and enjoy some hot cider while you wait. Gift wrapping will continue through Dec. 20 each weekday from 2:00 p.m. until 4:00 p.m.
Christmas Market at the Museum – now through Dec. 21, 2019
- The Comer Museum’s Christmas Market will be open through December 21 for your shopping pleasure Tuesday through Friday, from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. The market offers amazing, one of a kind gift items by local artists at fantastic prices for everyone on your Christmas list.