Nothing Bundt Cakes – Tues., Jan. 15, 2019, from 11:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.
- Nothing Bundt Cakes will be onsite at Coosa Valley Medical Center with their signature, individual $5 bundt cakes. All major credit cards are accepted.
Kymulga Grist Mill – Tues., Jan. 15, 2019, at 6:00 p.m.
- Kymulga Grist Mill will have Open Mic Night every Tuesday evening at 6:00 p.m. Admission is $3 for parking with proceeds to benefit Kymulga Grist Mill Park.
Umpires Needed – Wed., Jan. 16, 2019, at 6:00 p.m.
- There is an urgent need for umpires (paid) for all local high school, Babe Ruth, Little League and Cal Ripken baseball games. Training will be provided. The next meeting is Wednesday at the Charles E. Bailey Sportplex in Alex City. For information, contact Pete Storey at 256-510-0027 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
B.B. Comer Library’s Adult Winter Brown Bag Series – Wed., Jan. 16, 2019, at noon
- Buddy Simpkins & Friends will play for the enjoyment of the Comer Library’s brown bag audience, “Celebrating Our Past Through Songs and Music.” Refreshments begin at 11:00 a.m. followed by the program at noon.
$25 Spay/Neuter Vouchers – Sat., Jan. 19, 2019, from 10:00 a.m until 1:00 p.m.
- PetSense will have $25 spay and neuter vouchers for purchase beginning at 10:00 a.m. Vouchers are available for Talladega and Coosa County residents only and limited to two per household. Cash or check only.
Polar Plunge at Lake Martin – Sat., Jan. 19, 2019, at noon
- The 4th Annual Lake Martin Young Professionals “Polar Plunge” will be held at Kowaliga Restaurant at noon. Tickets are $20 each and includes food, live music, and tons of fun. Hours are 10:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.
Trade Day – Sat., Jan. 19, 2019, from 7:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.
- Bibb Graves High School Alumni and Friends will host Trade Day in Millerville. Refreshments will be available.
“The Journey” Grief Support – Mon., Jan. 21, 2019, at 7:00 p.m.
- Community Service Chaplain Mark Ledbetter invites area residents to participate in a grief support group that will meet at the office of SouthernCare New Beacon Hospice across from McDonald’s. Call Chaplain Ledbetter to make reservations at 256-626-9627.
Talladega County 9-1-1 Open House/Jobs – from Jan. 21 – 24 at times listed below.
- Talladega County 9-1-1 has job openings. To learn more about these job opportunities, visit them at their location on Hwy 21 on Jan. 21 and 24 at 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m., or Jan. 22 and 23 at 2:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. Applications are available online at www.talladega911.org
City of Sylacauga, Open Board Positions – now until Feb. 8, 2019, at 5:00 p.m.
- The City of Sylacauga has openings for several volunteer boards: Board of Adjustments and Appeals, Historical Commission, Commercial Development Authority, Board of Education, Industrial Development, and Tree Commission. Applications may be obtained in the Mayor’s Office. For questions, call 256-401-2424.