SCP presents “The Odd Couple” – Oct. 17-20, 2019
- Sylacauga Community Playhouse presents The Odd Couple (female version) Oct. 17-20 in the SHS Auditorium. Showtimes are 6:30 p.m. nightly Thursday through Saturday. The Sunday matinee is at 2:00 p.m. Advance tickets are $10 each online at scplayhouse.com. Tickets at the door are $12 each.
“Make Cancer Take a Tumble” – Oct. 1-31, 2019, from 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Renasant Bank in Sylacauga is holding a fundraiser, “Make Cancer Take a Tumble,” to benefit the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. Donations will be accepted and assorted prizes awarded every Friday. You do not have to be present to win. The Grand Prize of an Orca Cooler will be awarded Oct. 31. All donations are tax deductible.
2nd Annual Pumpkin Festival – Sat., Oct. 19, 2019, from 9:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.
- Childersburg Parks & Rec will host their 2nd Annual Pumpkin Festival on Oct. 19 from 9:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. Admission is free.
Benefit Bass Tournament – Sat., Oct 19, 2019
- The 5th Annual Benefit Bass Tournament will be held at first light on Oct. 19 on Lay Lake to raise money for scholarships. To sign up or donate contact Milton Blakely at 256-404-2762.
Spooktacular Splash – Sat., Oct. 19, 2019, from noon – 6:30 p.m.
- On Oct. 19 beginning at noon, WestRover Water Sports is hosting a benefit fundraiser for Feral Dogs of Avondale Mills & Friends of Sylacauga Animal Shelter, and Alabama Pug Rescue and Adoption. They will have several contests for costumes, jumping, swimming, tricks, and retrieving. For rules and information, visit their website at wildwestoverk9.com
Chair-Arty Art Event – Sun., Oct. 20, 2019, from 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- The Comer Museum & Arts Center is hosting a benefit art event, “Chair-Arty,” on Sunday, Oct. 20, from 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. The chairs will be on exhibit during the reception that include live and silent auctions. To donate a chair, or for more information, call Ms. Linda at 256-245-4016.
Open Mic. Night – Tues., Oct. 22, 2019, at 6:00 p.m.
- Kymulga Grist Mill Park has Open Mic. Night every Tuesday evening. The cost is $3 to park your car and all proceeds benefit the park. Everyone is invited.
SouthFirst Bank Adult Lecture Series – Wed., Oct. 23, 2019, at noon
- B.B. Comer Memorial Library hosts the SouthFirst Bank Adult Lecture Series on Oct. 23 with guest speaker Ed Bridges. Bridges will share “Artifacts I Have Loved: Reflections of an Old Director.” Refreshments will begin at 11:00 a.m. followed by the program at noon.
Masquerade Fundraising Sale – Oct. 23-25, 2019
- Coosa Valley Medical Center Auxiliary will host their annual benefit Masquerade Jewelry & Accessories Sale from Oct. 23-25 in CVMC’s Main Lobby. Hours are 7:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday and Thursday and 7:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. on Friday.
Health Fair: Calling All Superheroes! – Thurs., Oct. 24, 2019, from 9:00 a.m. until noon
- Clay County Christian Academy in Ashland will host a Health Fair on Thurs., Oct. 24, from 9:00 a.m. until noon. ABC 33/40 Chief Meteorologist James Spann will be the guest speaker.
Resources for Women Fall Fundraiser – Thurs., Oct. 24, 2019, at 6:00 p.m.
- Sylacauga’s Resources for Women will hold their fall fundraiser on Oct. 24, at 6:00 p.m. in the SHS auditorium. The guest speaker is a hometown girl with quite a story. Tickets are $10 each available at the door, online at Resources4Women.com, on Facebook at Resources4WomenSylacauga, or by calling 256-208-8888. There will be great food, fellowship, entertainment, and door prizes.
14th Annual Ultimate Ball Drop – Fri., Oct. 25, 2019
- The 14th Annual Ultimate Ball Drop will be held at Legion Stadium on Friday, Oct. 25 immediately after the SHS vs. Munford football game. Tickets are $5 donation and may be purchased at SAFE or by calling 256-245-4343.
Witches Ride 2019 – Sat., Oct. 26, 2019, at 10:00 a.m.
- The 3rd Annual Sylacauga Witches Ride will take flight on Oct. 26, at 10:00 a.m. The cost is $30 for adults, $15 for children under 12, and $5 for pets. Register as a participant or a sponsor at www.ribbonsofhopeal.org.
Helen Keller Art Show of Alabama – Now until Oct. 28, 2019, from 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- The Comer Museum & Arts Center is proud to present the 2019 Helen Keller Traveling Art Exhibit from Oct. 4 – 29. Museum hours are Tues. – Fri. from 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and Sat. from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Trunk-or-Treat – Tues., Oct. 29, 2019, from 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Blue Bell’s 2019 Community Trunk-or-Treat will be held Oct. 29, from 6:30 p.m.- 8:00 p.m. in Central Park. The event is free to area children ages 12 and under. The child must to present to participate and accompanied by parent or guardian.
The Haunted Band Room – Oct. 29-31, 2019
- The SHS Haunted Band Room will be held on Oct. 29 & 30 from 6:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. and Halloween night from 6:30 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. Admission is $10 per person. “Enter the SHS band room if you dare….”
Sylacauga Songwriters and Singers at SouthFirst Bank Adult Lecture Series – Wed., Oct. 30, 2019, at noon
- B.B. Comer Memorial Library hosts the SouthFirst Bank Adult Lecture Series on Oct. 30 with singer/songwriter Roger Vines and Friends. Vines and several members of Sylacauga Songwriters (including Troy Jones) will entertain with songs and stories. Refreshments will begin at 11:00 a.m. followed by the program at noon.
Sylacauga Fall Festival – Thurs., Oct. 31, 2019, from 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Sylacauga’s Fall Festival will be held Halloween night from 6:00-8:00 p.m. at Noble Park. The festival will include trunk or treat, pony rides, music, food, and FREE family fun. Candy donations will be accepted at the Sylacauga Housing Authority office on 8th St. and canned food donations will be collected and donated to SAFE. Get out and enjoy a night of family fun!