The Pinhoti Winterfest 2018 will be held Saturday, Dec. 29, 2018 on Flagg Mountain beginning with a 5K and 1 mile fun run/walk at 9:00 a.m. Registration fee for the 5K/fun run is $15 per person and includes breakfast. Day event admission is $25 per car load.
The run will begin at the flag pole near the cabins and end at the CCC tower where there are stunning panoramic views for miles around the mountain. Several other events and classes will begin at 10:30 a.m. including:
- Orienteering/Scavenger hunt with Beth McCandless
- Backpacking 101 with Callie Thornton
- Leave No Trace with Skip Essman
- Outdoor/Camp cooking with Joe Jones and Craig Thornton
- Trail Stories and a hike with Sunny
Spend the day on the mountain, check out the cabins, and listen to local live music. There will be food for purchase, a silent auction, and much more. All proceeds will benefit Flagg Mountain and are tax deductible.
For information call Robin Lewis at 256-404-3480 or Jodi McDade at 334-651-5226.