TALLADEGA, Ala. – Twenty-year-old Quartez Lamar Walker, one of four men accused of violently beating Brian Ogle last year, was denied youthful offender status in court Thursday afternoon.

Walker was the last of the individuals accused to appear in court pleading a case to be granted youthful offender status. SylacaugaNews.com reported Tuesday two of the accused,  Bobby Ronchea Brown (19), Landah Grant Ealy Jr. (18), will now be treated as youth while Davion Shameraya Nix (20) will be tried as an adult.

Family of both Ogle and Walker gathered at the Talledega County Courthouse and awaited the decision by Judge Julian King. When learning he would be tried as an adult, Walker’s head dropped. He was immediately taken back to the Talladega County Jail by deputies.

There was a different reaction from the Ogle family. Ogle, with his mother, step-father, and grandmother left the courtroom relieved. “He is the one who allegedly had the pistol the night of September 30, and used it to beat Brian in the face and head,” said Ogle’s mother Brandi Allen. “My heart was pounding out of my chest. It was a hard pill to swallow Tuesday with two getting youthful offender status, and I didn’t know if Walker would get it too. I finally feel like justice is prevailing today.”

Special prosecutor to the case John Gibbs was appointed by the Attorney General’s office after District Attorney Steve Giddens recused himself from the case. He said there will be no appeal to the judge’s decision to grant youthful offender to Brown and Ealy. He did say he expects this case to be on the August 14 trial docket.

You can read more information by clicking here.

Jeremy Law for SylacaugaNews.com | © 2017, SylacaugaNews.com/Marble City Media LLC. All Rights Reserved.