SYLACAUGA, Ala. – The Sylacauga City Council will hold its first meeting for the month of June on Tuesday at 6:00 p.m.
No old business is expected to be discussed, but many new items will be discussed affecting the city of Sylacauga.
Those items are as follows:
- Cable franchise ordinance, if ready.
- Improvement District ordinance, if ready.
- Request from SAFE to decommission 2008 Goshen Coach Pacer II Van, with 140,487 miles and 2008 Goshen Coach Pacer II Van with $142,709 miles.
- Request from Street Supt. Reed Calfee to extend six-month contract with Smart Staffing/TempForce for the following temporary workers currently assigned to the Animal Shelter: Carli Love through Sept. 30, 2017; Stanley Peters through Sept. 19, 2017; Dixie Harwell through Aug. 10, 2017. Permission to replace temporary worker that resigned in May. All temporary employees combined to work less than a total of 120 hours per week.
- Budget amendment in the amount of $950.00 from FD Bldg Repair/Maintenance Account to A&G Bldg Repair/Maintenance to correct charges paid to run gas line in Fire Station.
- Request from Dale Liner to remove garbage charges (for 2 carts) from property recently purchased at 900 Douglas Avenue, and refund $68.00 paid for the months of April and May, 2017. Address previously had two rental apartments; Mr. Liner will be using for storage. There will be no business or residences at this address.
- Approve expenses for Street Supt. Reed Calfee and Street Admin. Secretary Alyssa Womack to attend the Alabama Public Works Association’s 2017 Summer Meeting in Orange Beach July 17-19, 2017. Registration fee is 275.00 per employee. Additional expenses for lodging, mileage, and meals will be incurred.
- Request from HR Specialist for authorization to request a job posting for Fire Lieutenant to replace an employee that has resigned.
- Approve expenses for PD Chief Kelley Johnson to attend the Certified Law Enforcement Executive Program Training course Traits, Behaviors, and Relationships on June 15, 2017, and Courage and Moral Leadership on June 16, 2017. There is no registration fee. Chief will use a city vehicle for transportation.
- Approve expenses for PD Captain Rondell Muse to attend the Certified Law Enforcement Executive Program Training course Traits, Behaviors, and Relationships on June 15, 2017, and Courage and Moral Leadership on June 16, 2017. Registration fee is $99.00 per course. Employee will use a city vehicle for transportation.
- Accounts Payable received to date for the month of May in the amount of $100,880.12.
A work session is set for 5:00, just before the official meeting. Here are the topics on the work session agenda:
- William Davis and Mel Palmer concerning fishing tournament to be held at Lay Lake on Sept. 23 with proceeds to benefit the ARC.
- Joe Hogan concerning “In God We Trust” signage in Faye Hosey chambers.
- Jeff Turner concerning benefit ride on June 17; permission to close a portion of a parking lot.
- Discussion of hangar maintenance and lighting work at Airport.
The work session and council meeting are both open to the public. All citizens are encouraged to attend.
Jeremy Law for SylacaugaNews.com | © 2017, SylacaugaNews.com/Marble City Media LLC. All Rights Reserved.