SYLACAUGA, Ala. – The Sylacauga City Council will meet for the second time this month on Tuesday at 6:00 p.m. in Council Chambers at the Sylacauga Municipal Complex with a work session starting at 5:00 p.m.
Planned agenda items:
- Police Chief Kelley Johnson’s introduction of new police officer Kyle Smith.
- Funding agreement for Lake Howard with Sylacauga Utilities Board.
- Authorization for Mayor and City Attorney to enter into negotiations for purchase of property.
- Accept FY16 audit as prepared by Machen McChesney LLP.
- Approve expenses for Police Department Officer Kelly White to attend the National Lifesaver Conference in Orlando, Aug. 27-Sept. 1, 2017.
- Approve balance of Accounts Payable and payroll for July.
At the work session, the council expects to hear from Dr. Todd Freeman concerning the Sylacauga City Schools budget for FY18, discussion purchase of the former Food World property, and discuss a Sylaward Trail agreement.
The council will meet with Chambless King Architects at 3:30 p.m.
Meetings are open to the public.
Jeremy Law for SylacaugaNews.com | © 2017, SylacaugaNews.com/Marble City Media LLC. All Rights Reserved.