Your aging and disability resource center’s State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) will be available to help you on two dates in our area. Alabama SHIP is a trusted source for free, confidential counseling and assistance for all your Medicare and other health insurance needs.
Representatives will be present to help individuals:
- Understand your Medicare benefits.
- Determine which Part D plan best fits your needs.
- Enroll in a plan of your choice.
- File a Medicare claim or appeal.
- Answer questions about your health insurance.
SHIP representatives will be in our area from 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. on:
- Wed., Nov. 15, 2017 at Mt. Canaan Baptist Church’s Regional Life Center, 405 W. Battle St., Talladega
- Mon., Dec. 4, 2017 at J. Craig Smith Community Center, Sylacauga
No appointment is necessary, first come, first serve. Bring your Medicare Card and a list of your current medications with dosage and strength.
For more information call your local Aging and Disability Resource Center (SHIP) program at 1-800-243-5463.