Certified and Trained Tax Preparers will provide free tax assistance and electronic filing of federal and state income tax forms every Wednesday in the Coosa County Extension Office in Rockford from 9:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. beginning Feb. 21 – April 11, 2018. Allow 60 – 90 minutes for service and arrive at the site one hour prior to closing.
Required IRS information you must bring to the tax site includes:
- Last year’s tax return
- Photo ID for taxpayer and spouse
- Social security cards for taxpayers and dependents
- W-2’s; and 1099’s B, R, and SSA.
- Employed taxpayers must also bring a copy of their year-end pay stub.
- Health Insurance Card / Affordable Care Act form 1095-A.
Other information for an Itemized Tax Return includes:
- Itemized deduction receipts (car tags, mortgage payments, property taxes, out-of-pocket medical expenses and travel, church/charity donations, college tuition payments (1098-T) and supplies, safety deposit box, union dues, uniform purchases, etc.)
For questions, call Volunteer Connections of Central Alabama, Inc. (VCCA) at 256-234-0347 or the Coosa County Extension Office at 256-377-4713.